According to the Association of Project Management the definition of a project is: “is a unique, transient endeavour, undertaken to achieve planned objectives, which could be defined in terms of outputs, outcomes or benefits.”
I like the term “transient endeavour”. Nice way of saying that despite thorough advance planning, the project will see an ever changing series of events that require adapations on a regular basis.
Here’s a few examples of some of the past endeavours:
- Coordination of various communications projects including annual reports and creation of marketing materials as an in-house project advisor.
- Worked with legal counsel on analysis of Canada’s new Anti-Spam Legislation and the implications for an association’s email marketing and led the implementation of changes to protocols
- Worked with the creative team and clients on the development of ideas, strategies and planning for corporate identity, advertising, direct mail, video production and market research projects.
- Numerous website development launches and content management of several sites.
- Co-led the renaming and brand launch of one of Canada’s largest agribusinesses and made presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Managed a Canada-wide advertising campaign for a national financial client with a media buy budget of $2 million including print advertisements and a television commercial.